Ohio Law requires public schools to transport public school students in grades K-8 who reside more than 2.0 miles from school. Districts are not required to transport anyone to and/or from alternate bus stop locations.
While not required by Ohio law, the Bowling Green City School District, will in some circumstances provide transportation to and/or from alternate bus stop locations providing certain criteria has been met.
- Parents/Guardians submit an Alternate Transportation Request Form prior to July 1 each year. Click here to download the form or pick up a form at the child's school office.
- For requests after the start of the school year, the Director of Transportation must receive the form at least two weeks prior to the anticipated change. The change will not take effect unless and until approved by the Director of Transportation.
- The request must not require an bus route to be changed, altered or added.
- The student must be picked up from the same existing bus stop every day of the week.
- The student must be dropped off at the same existing bus stop every day of the week.
The form is a request. The Transportation Department does not automatically grant requests, as they must be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Forms should be submitted in one of the following ways:
Bowling Green City Schools
Director of Transportation
13230 Bishop Road
Bowling Green, OH 43402-9250
419-354-0587 (Attn: Transportation)